Sept. 17, 2021
We hope this update finds you well, healthy and looking forward to traveling again in 2021. As I stated in the last update, we have been working hard on rescheduling the dates of the trips we had planned in 2020. Most of the trips will have a new date by the end of this week and you can review your trip on our website at tulip-travel.com
There will be NO 2021 catalog as we are running the SAME trips as advertised in the 2020 brochure. You can read the descriptions of the trip and the price by downloading the brochure or reading it online. On our front page is a link with the new dates for those trips rescheduled.
In addition to the new date of the trip you will see the openings we currently have left on that trip. Remember, the trips are now limited to 8 individuals per itinerary. The larger groups on certain trips will be split up in groups of 8.
There are a few trips that we have not been able to reschedule as of yet due to the uncertainty of Covid-19 and restrictions in that location or that type of travel.
Trips currently on hold are:
Bermuda Cruise, Australia, Canadian Adventure and PA Dutch Country. All sports themed trips will be rescheduled when fans are allowed back in the stadiums and or race tracks.
We recommend all our travelers and their family members/staff to check our website frequently for updates. The new trip schedule should be available by Sept. 19.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Leo de Ruijter
As we continue to fight the Covid19 pandemic i am giving you some updates on our re-opening plan and dates for 2021. Unfortunately, at this point we don’t foresee any trips happening in 2020. As I have stated in previous updates, our trips will continue when it is safe to do so for all involved, staff and travelers. The world of travel and tourism has changed tremendously. Many attractions were forced to shut down, restaurants have restricted service, hotels and transportation were impacted and many other businesses we as a tour and travel company we rely on, were shut down. However, we hope (and I am sure you are as well) that 2021 will bring back most of those services and will allow us to continue with the trips and tours we missed dearly. That being said, in order to continue the trips we will have new guidelines in place for all of our travelers and staff. I am sure that at this point most of you reading this are familiar with the generic guidelines (or more specific guidelines) recommended by the CDC. To comply with these guidelines and to make our trips as safe as possible we have established the following regulations for all travelers and staff:
- Temperature checks will be performed on all travelers and staff at check in.
- Face masks must be worn during travel, when visiting attractions and when utilizing transportation
- Thorough cleaning (disinfecting) of all vans prior to the trip
- designated traveler seat in van(s)
- All groups will have a maximum of 8 travelers with two staff. I case of a sports event the larger group will be split up in two or three groups of 8 with each group having a different itinerary (except the race/game)
- Social distancing protocols enforced
- Planned hand washing/sanitizing breaks throughout the day
- Outdoor seating for meals when possible
- Explanation of guidelines and restrictions of amusement parks, museums and other attractions we visit on our trips, to all our travelers
- Assistance to travelers with compliance of guidelines when needed
With these guidelines in place and the promising development in the medical field (vaccines, medicines) we hope to continue our travels. We will continue to work on new dates for the trips that were originally scheduled for 2020. With the reduction in group size we are now forced to have more travel dates which brings another challenge. Also those travelers that wish to travel together, or signed up together for a particular trip will have to inform us 4 weeks prior to the trip. I hope to have some dates of the 2021 trips available on our website by Friday, September 4th.
I would like to take this moment to thank all of our travelers, parents, family and staff for their continued patience, support and loyalty during these unprecedented times. We are truly blessed to have a customer base that is so much more than just a customer….to us it is Family!
Leo de Ruijter
Tulip Travel, Inc.
- Tulip Travel will continue to accept applications for all trips advertised in their 2020 brochure.
- Again, all Tulip Travel vacations will happen. NO TRIPS ARE CANCELLED. Trips are postponed to a later date to ensure a safe and fun vacation.
- More attractions in the states we travel to are starting to reopen or planning a reopen strategy
- Hershey Park is planning a re-opening by mid July (if the state of PA permits)
- The Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, TN is planning on reopening by mid July, 2020
- Tulip Travel will follow all the guidelines set by the CDC and the New York State Health department as well as guidelines set by the OPWDD in regard to community outings and social distancing.
- Disney World is reopening in July (with covid-19 rules and regulations in place)
- We will continue to monitor the professional sports leagues around the country in regards to their season and wether they will allow fans in the stands.